Thursday, May 30, 2013

Learning English with Dora The Explorer

Abrar loves books, Her mom force him to love books.. We like going to book stores and buying some books. I usually pick some books for him, but before buying I will ask him first. Or he pick books then I will select them. Last week-end ( I don't remember the exact date) we bought some books at book store and one of the book was Dora the explorer. At home, as usually Abrar will ask me to read him books. I haven't seen inside of Dora's explorer book before, and I was suprised that the content is really educational. The book is consist 2 language (bilingual) and very attractive. I usually read the English version and if there's question ,I explain it in English. Recently Abrar is really love these books.



I think it's really helpful. I can teach English language to Abrar through these books. I was also suprised that Abrar is understand the questions in book and can answer it correctly. If he was asked to point out "Triangle", he will point it to "triangle" picture. Or, if he was asked,"If we don't know which way to go. Who do we call for help?" Then he replied,"Map". There are also little difficult questions on book, like,"Which truck do Boots call to help him to lift up above the crocodile lake?", Abrar will point to "Fire Truck". And any other questions. If he didn't understand the question, I try to explain it in English. I really suprised, because his school is not using English, only in Bahasa, but he can understand and follow Dora's books. I will buy more English books for him :)

Veilicious! The truth beauty is wrapped in a beautiful way...

No comments:

Post a Comment